I've been a customer for years with Virgin Mobile and for the most part they've been good. However, I recently had a data usage issue where after having and using data for years and tracking my average data usage month as 2.5 gigs, suddenly in a two day period I used 6 gb of data and was charged over $50.

I called in to get answers as to why this would be. I was on hold for most of the morning. The phone finally rang through and it went to a busy signal and I was disconnected. I called back two more times and waited on hold before I finally reached an uncaring (in my opinion) rep.

His name is Sean (employee number 6052789) who simply said I'm only charged for what I use. I informed him of this unusual spike in my data and told hime that I've been a loyal customer for years and he just refused to see that perhaps Virgin could have made a mistake. Give me a break. He just kept saying that's what I used.

He said there is nothing he is willing to do because I was charged correctly. How does he know? I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he is one. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said his supervisor doesn't handle calls. I asked who I can talk to above him and he gave me this email address...executive.office@virginmobile.ca

I will buy out my contract this week and it is not my intention to cause harm, slander or misrepresent this company in any way but I will share my experience with everyone I know and care about to avoid this company because I feel they have glitches with their data usage tracking and are unwilling to give loyal customers the benefit of the doubt. I don't want this to happen to anyone else.

After being with them faithfully for years, when a problem comes up it is clear that they do not know how to handle a problem when an issue comes up to the customer's satisfaction. I couldn't believe he wasn't even willing to be open to consider the possibility that there could be an error in relation to my data calculation and usage.

Sir Richard Branson, founder, would be horrified that reps within his company are not even open to the possibility that something on their end could be malfunctioning. Total failure of excelling in service here.

If anyone can recommend a data and cell provider in Alberta that is dependable with data tracking and willing to look at possibilities if something goes wrong, please let me know.

Review about: Virgin Mobile Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Acton, Ontario, Canada #1263925

My last bill 2350.00. They dropped add on pkg.

Dinged for roaming. 3 days hours waiting and 4 people to adjust bill.

As of décembre 2016. Little or no cust.

Care. Told. Go to website. No longer tell you up to date data over phone.

Site updates sometimes two days later. Very arrogant and in your face now.vprobably leave soon.