As a casual user of Virgin Mobile's pay as you go broadband, I am extremely disappointed they narrowed down their pay as you go plans from four plans to two.

The $20 plan they had was sufficient for me as it gave me 300mb of data transfer for the month. Now, you have two choices, $10 for 10 days or $40 for 30 days. I will acknowledge that the $40 plan gives you unlimited usage.

Well, here is the kicker. At Walmart they offer the old plans that Virgin Mobile used to offer. I asked Virgin Mobile's customer service if I buy the top off card from Walmart and apply it to my broadband2go device, will I get the old 300mb data transfer usage. The reply was no. I have to buy a new broadband device from Walmart to get access to all these data plans!

I replied there is nothing wrong with my current broadband device and why should I have to buy a new one for $80 to get a much wider selection of broadband plans that you previously offered anyway.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 03, 2011.

Comments

You people cry too much. The purpose of terms and conditions are made is for us to read.

Being a lazy reader will cause you troubles. Dont be ignorant people so you dont get "screwed"!!!

:( I'm in the same boat as all of you, and I'm going to report Virgin Mobile for false everything to the Better Business Bureau. My Mobile 2200 card is payed for right now, and its not even working at ALL!

so what, I give them money, for nothing, is that how acceptable business choices are made in this world?

The bait and switch technique was nasty as well... you should be ashamed Virgin Mobile.

today is the 6th day of this month ...

I started/payed the $40 on the 1st day of this month ...

I was not d/loading at broadband speed to start with and,

I was at the 5gb mark by the 4th day of this month ...

now I am at dial up speed ...

regardless of how many customers you are serving

you are NOT delivering the service you offered and was payed fore ...

Ps. and that is a breach of the contract ...

Nora Springs, Iowa, United States #249433

I bought this Virgin Mobile 2200 because it was ADVERTISED as having a minimum bandwidth of 600kbps. That was fine, for $40 a month I could live with it.

Forw the first 2 months I only got 200kbps max out of this piece of junk. For the past month I've been dealing with less than 56kbps - THAT IS NOT BROADBAND! Falls advertising!

You can't call it broadband if it is not even as fast as dial-up was. Class action law suit should be filed so I can recover the $150 they conned me out of saying it was 'broadband'

it is bull u put a cap on it, after i paid the $80 for what was suppose to be unlimited. boy was i a sucker

See the letter that Virgin send to all customer:

NOT UNLIMITED AT ALL

LETTER:

Hey Andre,

Here at Virgin Mobile, our mission is to deliver an outstanding customer experience. Sometimes that means making difficult choices in order to provide the best possible service to the greatest number of customers.

To make sure we can keep offering our $40 Unlimited Broadband2Go Plan at such a great price, we're putting a speed limit in place for anyone on that plan who uses over 5GB in a month.

How will it work?

Starting February 15, 2011, if you go over 5GB in a month on the $40 Unlimited Plan:

Your data speeds will be limited for the remainder of the monthly plan cycle. During this time, you may experience slower page loads and file downloads and lags in streaming media.

Your data speeds will return to normal as soon as you buy a new Broadband2Go Plan.

This change will only affect plans bought on or after 2/15/2011.

How will it affect me?

Keep in mind, 5GB is A LOT of data. To give you an idea, it's about 250 hours of web browsing or over 500,000(!) emails*. So this change shouldn't affect you unless you're a heavy downloader/streamer/etc.

How will I know if I'm getting close to 5GB?

We've updated the progress bar in your Connection Manager to show the amount of data you've used. If you go above 5GB in a month, the bar will turn yellow, letting you know your data speeds will be reduced until you buy a new plan.

By putting this speed limit in place, we're making sure we can deliver the same quality service you've come to expect from Broadband2Go. We hope you understand.

Thanks for being a Broadband2Go customer.

Virgin Mobile

ANSWER TO MY COMPLAINT WAS:

Hello Andre,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may had cause you.

In order for us to provide you with the proper assistance and accurate information you would have to contact our Broadband division.

In our Terms of Service we explicitly state that we have our right to make changes:

"Our service is provided at our discretion. We may change our Terms of Service, including our plans and pricing, from time to time. Unless expressly prohibited by law, we reserve the right to modify or cancel our service or your account or take corrective action at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, your violation of any provision of the Terms of Service. Check our website (www.virginmobileusa.com) for the most recent pricing and Terms of Service. We will notify you 30 days in advance of any change to the Terms of Service that we determine to be materially adverse to you. If you do not terminate your service within 30 days of receiving such notice, you agree to accept that change."

If you need additional assistance, feel free to let us know how we can assist further or contact us at 1-877-877-8443. You can reach us Monday through Friday 6am-9pm PST and Saturday and Sunday from 6am-8pm PST.

Thanks,

Vanessa

Virgin Mobile At Your Service

www.virginmobileusa.com

BUT IT IS NOT THE WORST' SEE THIS:

Hello Andre,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care.First let me extend my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are a non contract company that is why we are bound and so are our customers to the terms of services when they purchase a device or phone, in this case we Virgin Mobile reserve the right, without notice, to temporarily limit download throughput speeds when monthly data usage on the $40 Broadband2Go Plan exceeds 5GB. Customers will continue to have access to Broadband2Go service but maximum speeds may be limited to 256 kbps or below for the remainder of the monthly plan cycle. During this time, customers may experience slower page loads, file downloads and degraded streaming media. Throughput speeds will be restored when a new Broadband2Go Plan is purchased."

If you need additional assistance, feel free to let us know how we can assist further or contact us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM from your handset). You can reach us Monday through Sunday from 6am-9pm PST.

Thanks

Elisa

Virgin Mobile At Your Service

www.virginmobileusa.com

In my understanding, Virgin made False advertisement when they attract me as a customer since they advertise and still advertise unlimited plan witch is not unlimited.

Everyone who bought a virgin mobile broadband mifi for $150 or usb for $80 thinking they could get unlimited data for $40 a month spent just wasted their money. They cancelled the plan and capped it a 5 GB.

You can keep the $40 plan but it is now capped at 5GB a month and if you ever drop the plan, you can't get back in. So for a company who markets no contracts, if you want to keep the no longer unlimited $40 plan, you have to renew everymonth for the rest of you life.

Virgin encouraged a lot of people to buy their hardware with the unlimited plan and we wasted out money. There should be a class action law suit over this as people spent millions of $ for nothing.