My mother recently ordered a ringtone she never received.I called Virgin on her behalf, and a person who didn't speak English well told her that he couldn't help her for four hours.

Four hours later, they credited the account. Six hours after that, she was again charged for a ringtone she's not received. We intend to fight this one as far as possible. There was no excuse not to help within 4 hours, as they helped themselves to her money within minutes.

I'm a former Virgin Mobile user and recommended them to her.

I now feel bad about it.

Comments

Karen - First off, condolences on your mother.That being said, I think your beef with Virgin Mobile is a bit misguided.

You have to realize that the carry over balances is merely provided as a feature for regular customers as an incentive to stick with Virgin. Right now my balance with Virgin sits at $150, yet if I ever decided to get another phone from another company I would not expect a refund for the balance. It just doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

They do allow you to buy a new Virgin phone and transfer your number and balance to that phone which I think is reasonable.Virgin Mobile has to make money somehow otherwise you can kiss these pay-as-you-go phones goodbye.

My Mom died on August 12, 2009.I had been paying for her Virgin Mobile account for years, to the point where we had a credit of $260.00 for all the automatic "top ups' she never got to use.

When she died, I asked for a refund of this credit balance and was REFUSED!! Obviously, she will not use these minutes and I feel robbed of this money that I paid them for NOTHING.

Worst customer service I've ever experienced.They are THIEVES!

i am also fighting virgin mobile for a $93.39 charge to my account> i was debited twice for the charge.and everytime i call virgin mobile i have to speak to a supervisor who is rude and gets loud with me.

a woman from the bank was even on the line to help, but virgin mobile has refused to do anything about this.I am still without my money to this day.

I don't knw what else to do about it.If anyone else has succeeded with fighting virgin mobile for their money please help