As a long-time customer of Virgin Mobile, I was well aware of their shipping rates.I was pleasantly surprised when the site said I can get FREE express shipping.

Though it may show up on the summary, I will not be charged for it. Guess what got charged?? When I contacted customer service (4 times) I was offered 60 bonus minutes and was repeatedly told there's nothing they can do as they don't have free Express shipping. I had copied the page where it clearly states that I will not be charged.

They have acted like I am lying about this charge and refuse to help.Even threats to get ahold of corporate and Better Business Bureau hasn't helped.

Comments

Same here. If someone could also send a screen cap to my email I would certainly appreciate it. skangwoman@aol.com

I just spent a half hour arguing with them, then they escalated it to tech support - which mysteriously sounded just like the guy I was talking to at the beginning.

I am going to dispute the charge with my credit card and report it.

When the guy said I should call back in 24-48 hours to see what the complaint ticket department decided, I said I would not do that and that if the refund was not on my credit card in 24-48 hours, I would dispute it and report them.

I am now on a mission. I could care less about the $11.99. I abhor false advertising, bait and switch companies and poor customer service. They do NOT know who they are dealing with. Ha :grin

Yeah, I got ripped off on their "free shipping" scam as well.I did file a BBB complaint, and I advise all of you to do.

If enough people do this, you MAY have a chance of having your shipping refunded.I am amazed that a large company would try and pull something like this.

Could I also get a copy/screen shot of the page that advertised free shipping? For my dispute I'm filing. Pls send to dkdgraham@gmail.com

Thank you!

Wow.I also took advantage of this promotion.

I ordered on the 22nd, I finally called to cancel it on the 28th because I still did not have my "express" shipped phone. Then they shipped it! That was an a-hole move!

So I got it and called to be sure they would handled the 11.99 charge that I was not supposed to be charged, according to the order screen (should have known that would be trouble.) They acted like they had no clue of the promo and offered nothing.I am returning the phone today, disputing the charge and going elsewhere for my phone/service.

Dyeaileen,

I've been raging for the past couple of days for this scam of "free express shipping". I've emailed and called for a refund, all to no avail.

Please, I need a copy of their webpage that you saved which says I will not be charged, the information has been removed from the website. I intend to pursue this with the BBB, corporate HQ, consumer protection agencies and even the FBI if necessary.

Kindly email me on oluomo1@gmail.com

Thanks

I ordered a phone on dec 17th and paid extra for the 1-2 day shipping.on the 23rd i still did not recieve my phone.

so i called customer service and talked to a couple of people.they told me i would recieve it the next day. Christmas came and still no phone. i called back on the 27th and they told me that it would get it that day or the next day. but when i asked if they had even shipped it, they told me it had NOT even been shipped.

but they still insisted it would arrive today or tommorrow...:(

but they still insisted it would arrive today or tommorrow...:(

They promised me free long distance but failed to inform me that if I used their phone I would get charged for usage.

Their customer service keeps repeating that are no long distance charges on the bill but ignore the 35 cents a minute usage charge as that is for using their network

Interesting how free is not really free with them.

Pemberton, New Jersey, United States #228003

Here's their address:

10 Independence Blvd.

Warren, NJ 07059

I sent letters to Thomas Ryder, Pete Lurie and Jonathan Marchbank.

I will be contacting BBB as well.

Ive ordered the virgin mobile intercept since 12/19/2010 and it has not yet been shipped I've tried calling but it wont resolve anything.

:cry

Samething happen to me its not free shipping but i filled a complaint with BBB and still not phone or tracking # since 12/21/10

Pemberton, New Jersey, United States #227756

I don't bother calling them anymore - I email so I have everything in writing! I just printed my email thread to send to their corporate office.

:( I been calling them all week about my tracking # & i dont know whats going on with my phone. im pissed.