I am a paying customer of a Helio Contract phone with Unlimited everything and I can't use Picture Messaging. This is the 14th of January so its been two weeks since I could send or receive Picture Mail.

I've called them at least 3 times since I first noticed the service failing. The first couple of times I called they said it was a problem with the network and it would be fixed in a "couple of days."

Finally on the 13th of January, I called them again and talked to a manager. After mentioning I was a software engineer, he gave me a little more information about what is causing the problem. He said that the Picture Text server software expired at the end of 2009 and that they didn't start working on a replacement until after the 1st of the year. I was taken aback that he even told me this. So instead of just renewing the software they are trying to program something after the the previous software has expired. This is completely unacceptable and shows a complete lack of responsibility high up in the company.

Beware and do not buy Virgin Mobile Plans! You will pay for things you can't even use. If you are a Virgin/Helio user please call and complain to them so they can get it done now or start giving free service.

Review about: Virgin Mobile Phone Service.

Comments

:p :p 8) ;) :grin :) :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :x :( :cry :? :p :p

I'm having the same trouble.I have helio as well, which as we all know was unfortunately bought out by crappy Virgin Mobile.

Regardless, it's rediculous that they keep giving us "it'll be a few days" answers. They should have seen this problem coming MONTHS in advance and fixed it then. Completely irresponsible. I suppose there isn't anything to do.

I will say that I did get a $10 refund "for my trouble" last week (2nd time I called).So at least they're attempting to appease us.