I bought a Kyocera Event cell phone at the end of Dec., 2014 and activated it with VirginMobile during the first couple of days of Jan., 2015.The phone worked fine until my family went on a trip the first week of July, 2015.

On the 9th or 10th of July the phone stopped responding to my touch and would repeatedly re-boot itself. I tried removing the battery and replacing it. I also performed a hard reset and wiped the cache partition. I went through these processes again when I called VirginMobile's tech support, still to no avail.

I was finally told by the ever-so-knowledgeable technician that my phone's issue was hardware related, and not an issue with the service. I was told to call Kyocera to get a replacement since they are the manufacturer. I called Kyocera and was told that could get a similar phone (apparently they don't make my model any more) for $25. I said that I'd think about it and call back.

I called back a day or two later to get them to honor the warranty and was passed around from one person pretending to care about my problem to another. I talked to at least five people on that call alone. I was so pissed that I had to wait until the next day to talk with anyone else. When I did call VirginMobile again, I was told that it may be possible to have the $25 phone replacement fee waived, so I requested that the "technician" do what he/she could to have the fee waived since the phone is STILL under warranty.

I was told that I would have to wait two days before calling back to check on the status of request (what a crock! it should not have taken more than two minutes! UNLESS, ... there are so many people that are having the same type of problem that VirgnMobile is swamped with fee waiver requests).

I called back today and asked about the fee being waived and was told that the fee would not be waived.WHY WON'T THEY HONOR THEIR !@#$%* WARRANTY?!?!?!?!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "warranty issue and poor cust. service" of kyocera event cell phone and associated monetary loss in the amount of $10000. Virgin Mobile needs to "either transfer full and complete ownership of virginmobile usa to me, or pay for an equal or better phone (approved by me) and service for one full year" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kyocera event cell phone in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Virgin Mobile.

Had an Experience with Virgin Mobile?

Comments

I was about to go with a solar vendor for Kyocera solar panels, costing over 30,000.

When the screen went black on my Kyocera Hydro phone, under the 1 year warranty, I changed my order to another solar company.

After many calls, and emails, I just gave up and put the phone in the recycle box at the electronics shop.

Never buying Kyocera. They can go the way of Sharp, Sanyo, Toshiba, and Sony.

Au revoir. And we are NOT meeting again.